Customizing the Request Form
In each service, users create service requests by completing the request form. The service owner can customize this form in many different ways, so in this article we'll just cover the basics.
Request Form Default Fields
All service request forms come with a subject line (required) and a description field (not require, but suggested). Also, users will see the matching categories in the request form.
As a user selects matching categories (or subcategories), they'll also see an updated count of how many service providers match their selections. This helps the user understand how many service providers will eventually be notified about the service request.
Similarly, the user will also see an updated estimate of the rate they should expect to pay for the service they're requesting. This price will be a specific rate; or, it may be a rate range if the service owner has set custom rates for certain service providers or custom rates for certain categories/subcategories.
Request Form Custom Field Options
A service owner can choose to add custom fields to the request form in order to accommodate their unique needs. There are seven types of custom form fields to choose from, offering service owners lots of flexibility to gather the information needed for each unique service reuqest to be fulfilled.
Find the custom form fields manager in the admin menu for any service - just select "Features" and then find the "Custom request fields" item. Toggle this feature on and you'll see the "Configure" option.
- Single Line Text
- Paragraph Text
- Multiple Choice
For each custom field, the service owner can choose whether it is optional or required (user must fill out this field in order to submit a service request).
Note: as a general rule, we suggest service owners keep the number of fields as low as possible while still gathering plenty of detail for the service request to be fulfilled.
Request Form Special Features
In addition to using the subject line, description, categories and custom fields, service owners may also choose to activate special features that appear in the service request form.
These special features are a powerful way to fully customize Servable to accommodate a wide range of unique services:
- Fixed Fee Payments: user can choose the default hourly (or daily) billing rates, or can choose a fixed fee for the request. All matching service providers will be able to see the fixed fee before they claim the request.
- Direct Assign: user can choose to submit their request to all matching service providers, or can choose to assign their request directly to a specific service provider. If a user chooses to Direct Assign their request, the service provider will be notified and can choose to accept or decline the request. Service providers can also choose to automatically accept all Direct Assign requests, if they wish.
- Recurring Requests: user can choose to submit a single request, or can choose to make a request recurring. Making a recurring request prompts the user to specify the frequency at which the request should recur (daily, weekly, specific weekdays, monthly, etc.) and the time of day it should recur.
- File Attachments: user can optionally attach files to their request (and to any messages sent between user and service provider). File storage is tabulated based on all files shared within a specific service and attributed to the service owner's total file storage.
- Service Provider Groups: user can choose to create a standard request, or can choose to make their request a Group request. The service owner will specify the maximum permitted group size, and then when a user chooses to make a group request, the user will specify the group size (e.g. 2 people, 5 people, etc.) Multiple service providers can then claim the request, up to the group size specified by the user. This feature is very helpful for services that involve groups of providers providing service at the same time.
If you're a service owner, you'll find these features in the admin menu - just choose the "Features" option.
If your a service user or provider and you want one or more of these features turned on, you'll need to ask the service owner to do so.
• • • • •
Have additional questions? Use the search bar above, or return to our help page to browse for more topics!